A Great Selection Of Research Argument Essay Topics
One of the most important papers that you will learn how to write is an argument essay. It is used frequently because it helps a student learn how to present their ideas effectively. When writing an argumentative research paper, it is important to choose a controversial issue. This is one that has the same amount of people on both sides of the issue. The point of the paper is to choose a side and prove why it is correct.
Choosing a topic to write about is fairly easy. Think of something that has neither a right nor wrong answer. Here are some good topics to get you thinking about what you want to write about. You can choose one and then work to develop your outline and thesis statement. The thesis should answer the research question and include at least three reasons to support your claim.
- Couldn’t technology eliminate animal research?
- Does having a degree put your at an advantage over other applicants?
- Should it be mandatory to serve in the military?
- Does violent video games lead to violent behavior in children?
- Are standardized tests really helpful in assessing a student’s skills?
- Does the death penalty prevent crime or is it just a waste?
- Should inmates be required to do work to improve the community they are housed in?
- What should be censored on the internet?
- Should death row inmates be used for immunization testing?
- Should you have to update your automobile license by taking another test?
- Should all students where school uniforms and would that lessen the amount of bullying in school?
- Should doctor assisted suicide be legal?
- How has technology affected our children’s education?
- Should genetically altered food be eaten?
- Should it really be that hard to get a divorce? Why shouldn’t it be as easy as getting married?
Once you have chosen your topic, the next step is to create an outline. It will help you organize your ideas in a logical manner and work to create a working thesis to write about. This thesis will be the main point of your paper and you should strive to make sure that every sentence is written to prove this point. Some people add interesting facts that don’t pertain to the topic because they think it enhances the piece but really it takes away from it. Stay on track and plan well and your paper will be a success.