The Top 10 Most Effective Tips On Academic Essay Writing
- This may sound a little obvious, but make sure that you read the instructions at least twice before you make any decisions about your essay.
- Highlight important information such as word count, referencing and submission date.
- At this point if you are not sure of any of the instructions then get your tutor of professor to clarify them.
If you feel that you may need some additional help with structuring your work, contact the Student Learning
- Support Team and arrange to meet a Learning Support Tutor to discuss your needs.
- If your tutor has not already given you some examples of the type of academic essay that they are expecting, then ask for some examples, preferably ones that illustrate good, poor and exceptional work.
- For additional examples, check out some academic writing sites online, but make sure that they are free before downloading.
- Even if you have not got an idea of your topic at this point, start plotting dates on your calendar. Start with the submission date and work backwards and fill in with dates for drafts etc.
- Make sure that you don’t try to cram the whole process into 2-3 days, you need to schedule in some time to read though your work and make changes.
- You may be limited in your choice of topics, if this is the case then look at how others have handled a topic and try to look at it from a different perspective. There are several websites that can help you with ideas.
- Remember that an academic essay is looking at specific skills, try to showcase these skills.
- Are you able to research everything you need online or through the school library?
- When you find papers, documents or articles make a note of the content, where you found them and to save problems when you are writing your work make a note of why you think that particular article is relevant to your essay.
- Use your research notes researching and refer back to them as so you will be able to reference your work without any worry about plagiarism.
- Make sure that you are familiar with the referencing system that you have been asked to use, your school may have some crib notes on their website that may be helpful.
- Don’t try to miss this stage out, as it will give you a chance to see if your work follows a logical progression of ideas.
- Make sure that you paragraphs are constructed properly: use an introductory sentence, followed by sentences that follow the central theme of that paragraph which concludes with a summing up sentence
- Preferably, get someone else to read your work and offer sensible advice on the content, grammar and spelling.
- If you cannot get someone else to read your work then put your draft to one side for a few days before attempting to proofread yourself.
- Give yourself time to make any changes that are necessary.
- Hand in your work on or by the dead line.
Looking for professional paper writing service? Visit this website - expert paper writers for hire online